Sony has officially announced two Ultrabooks this morning. The T11, an 11.6” Ultrabook and the T13 13.3” Ultrabook are based on Sandy Bridge platforms which will surprise many but given that these devices will effectively be ‘budget’ ultrathins for the company, it’s not surprising.
An official press release is up for the T13 on the Sony UK page but Slashgear are also reporting on the T11.
Specs for the T13 are below. Processor and storage options will be available. Prices are unknown at present. now show below.
- Processor Intel® Core™ i3-2367M Processor
- OS Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit with Service Pack 1
- Memory 4GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM
- Storage Hybrid storage 320GB HDD 5400rpm + 32GB SSD (The SSD module is dedicated for system responsiveness and not available for file storage)
- Screen 13.3” VAIO Display (1366×768) with wide (16:9) aspect ratio
- Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 3000
- WLAN 802.11b/g/n; Bluetooth® Ver. 4.0 + HS; USB 2.0 (x1), USB 3.0 with USB charge (x1); HDMI out; stereo speakers; HD Web Camera powered by ‘Exmor for PC’ (1.31 megapixels); Web, VAIO and Assist buttons; keyboard and touchpad with gesture support
- Dimensions (DxHxW) Approx. 226 x 17.8 x 323 mm
- Weight Approx. 1.6kg (with standard supplied battery)
Sony is pushing a 9hr battery life for a T13 SSD / Core i5 model which, given the weight of 1.5KG (1.6KG for hybrid model) means there could be an HP Folio-like battery setup inside. Connectivity looks good and there’s a VGA port not mentioned in the specs.
As for the T11 model, we haven’t got formal specs yet. Given the positioning, we’re not expecting it to break any weight records.
- Intel® HM77 Express Chipset
- Intel® Core™ i3-2367M Processor (1.4 GHz, 3 MB Cache)
- 29.4 cm (11.6″) VAIO Display with LED-technology (1366×768, 16:9)
- Intel® HD Graphics 3000
- 4 GB DDR3-SDRAM (1x4GB onboard+1 Slot, max.8GB)
- 500 GB Hrd Drive (SATA, 5400 RPM, Hybrid)
- LAN 10/100/1000 MBit, Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 + HS
- Memory Stick(Duo)-, SD Card-Slot (SDHC,SDXC)
- Connectors: 1x USB3.0, 1x USB2.0, VGA, HDMI, Headphone
- Integrated Stereo-Loudspeaker, Microphone
- HD Web Camera powered by “Exmor for PC”
- Size (BxHxT): 297 x 17,8 x 214,5 mm
- Weight(without accessories): 1,42 kg
- Other: Large Touchpad with Multitouch, Rapid Wake + Eco, VAIO-, WEB-, ASSIST-Button, HDD Shock Protection
- Accessories included: Lithium-Polymer battery (VGP-BPS30), Power Adaptor with cable
- Software Original Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 (64
Not that the battery looks like it could be removable and the same part on both the 13 and 11” devices.
Availability and prices
The T11 should be available in Germany from the end of May .
SV-T1111M1ES: 699,00 Euro
Availability (Germany): End May 2012
SV-T1311M1ES: 799,00 Euro
Availability (Germany) : Mid June 2012
SV-T1311W1ES: 899,00 Euro (Core i5, 128GB SSD)
Availability (Germany): Mid June 2012
For reference, a 699 Euro price matches the lowest price for a 13” Ultrabook in Europe.
Press Release: Sony