Even though we blew the lid off of the Sony’s first official entry into the Ultrabook space a few weeks ago thanks to Sony EU, Sony US has been completely silent about the VAIO T series… until now. The VAIO T launches in the US as one of the first Ivy Bridge Ultrabooks, and also at a very respectable price: $769.
The(13.3″ screen), or SVT131190X (if you want to get technical), appears to be the only variant of the VAIO T to be launching in the US. The smaller T11 (11.6″ screen) won’t be available here in the US. For $769, here’s what you’ll get with the :
- 3rd gen Intel Core i5-3317U (1.70GHz / 2.60GHz with Turbo Boost)
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 4GB (4GB fixed onboard + 1 open slot) DDR3-1333MHz
- 320GB (5400rpm) + 32GB MLC hybrid hard drive with RAID 0
- Memory Stick PRO Duo media slot
- SD memory card slot
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (802.11b/g/n)
- 1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- Bluetooth (4.0 + HS)
- Gigabit Ethernet port (RJ-45)
- HDMI output
- Headphone output
- USB 2.0 x1
- USB 3.0 x1 (charging)
- VGA output
- 13.3″ LED backlit display (1366 x 768)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
Configuration options are there which allow you to equip up to a faster Core i7-3517U CPU, up to 512GB of SSD storage, and up to 8GB of 1333MHz RAM. Thehas 4GB of on-board RAM and also has a user-removable slot which is rare for an Ultrabook.
The T13 is already available for order over at Sony US, and right now they’re giving away a free case with the purchase of the VAIO T through the 16th of June.
Sony EU will likely reveal Ivy Bridge models for sale soon; we already caught a glimpse of them last month.