“Designed for Gaming” says the advertising for the Razer Blade Ultrabook. We say you should look closely at this one even if you’re not a gamer. Haswell, 1600×900, 70Wh battery and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M make this Ultrabook unique. The design is pretty hot too.
Specifications for the Razer Blade
- Processor: Future 4th gen Intel® Core™processor (formerly codename Haswell)
- Memory: 8GB onboard memory (DDR3L-1600MHz)
- Graphics and Video:NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M (2GB GDDR5 VRAM, Optimus™ Technology)
- Display: 14.0" HD+ 16:9 Ratio, 1600×900, with LED backlight
- Storage: 256GB SATA III SSD
- Power: Compact 150W Power Adapter, Built-in 70Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Communications: Killer™ Wireless-N 1202 (802.11a/b/g/n + Bluetooth® 4.0)
- Size and Weight: Width: 13.6” / 345mm, Depth: 9.3" / 235mm, Height: 0.66"/ 16.8mm, Weight: 4.1 lbs / 1.88kg
- Ports: USB3.0 (x3), HDMI, headset.
- Operating System, Windows® 8 (64-Bit)
1.88KG for a 14” Ultrabook isn’t the best you’ll find but given the battery capacity and the processing specs, you won’t find anything lighter.
Pricing is said to be $1800 for the US launch this quarter so yes, this isn’t cheap but it’s one amazingly stylish graphics workstation.
Global availability will follow.