Carrypad.com was developed from a blog started in Feb 2006, itself the result of a personal quest to find a device that would complement a ‘three device strategy’ – The mobile phone, a desktop PC and the missing component – a ‘Carrypad’. Co-incidentally, Microsoft had been having much the same though and with the introduction of Origami in March the segment was born and Carrypad became very popular as a key reporter and researcher. As products where introduced to the market, details where added to a product database which is now the best UMPC product reference that exists.
In Jan 2007 Carrypad bought and merged the community site ‘Origamiportal’ under a new banner ‘UMPCPortal.com’. Carrypad is now a registered company and UMPCPortal is the customer facing information portal.
Connect with us
Our twitter account is UMPCPortal You’ll see notifications of all articles and other events on this channel.
RSS feeds available from UMPCPortal
- Recommended! UMPCPortal articles.
- New Products. Track new products that are added to our database.
- River of product links. Hand-picked product related links and brief info. Mostly external.
- Comments. What are people saying about news items posted on UMPCPortal.com. Often informative. Often opinionated. Always fun.
- Gallery. Before we report on anything we’re testing or reviewing or even live-blogging, you’ll often find that we post the images into the gallery. Stay a few minutes ahead of the curve here!
Product specific newsfeed.
As an extension to the River Of Links feeds, you can now track a single product and catch all the hand-picked product news for a single product. These feeds are generally updated once a day. The product specific RSS feeds can be found on the product pages.
Daily email services.
Subscribe to the email services by entering your email address below. Read all the news while your colleagues think you’re answering work emails
UMPCPortal New Products
List of product manufacturers – Updated daily
Use this form to contact us.
This contact form gets submitted to the UMPCPortal team and is not a direct contact point for Chippy.