Welcome to this week’s netbook roundup. In this space every Monday I’ll highlight netbook new items from around the web.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 reviewed, deemed a mixed bag â€“ Looks like the second version of the Lenovo netbook, the S10-2 [Portal page], has been reviewed by Laptop Magazine, and while Brad of Liliputing thinks that is scores pretty well in Laptop’s tests, it seems that the reviewers didn’t like the aesthetic appearance of the unit.
- BenQ Lanuches Joybook Lite U102, Rights Wrongs â€“ From netbooknews.com, we see that BenQ releases the Joybook Lite U102, which brings some evolutionary upgrades to the table over the previous U101 model.
- NEC’s latest netbook boasts an 8.5 hour battery â€“ NEC’s LaVie Light Lui netbook runs for nearly 8.5 hours on a single charge. Pretty good, specs are predictable netbook specs (Atom, 1GB of RAM, 1024×600, yadda yaddaâ€¦)
- NVIDIA ION Netbooks from Computex â€“ A video from netbooknews.com that shows three NVIDIA ION based netbooks.
- Asus Seashell Eee PCs to Come in Four New Colors â€“ Looks like the Asus Eee 1005HA [Portal page] and 1008HA [Portal page] will be released in a total of 6 colors, 4 brand new ones including pink, blue, ruby red, and sapphire blue. Swing through the link to see images of the netbooks with their new colors on. I like the sapphire the best!
- Shadowy modder gives Eee PC a risky back alley trackball implant â€“ Pretty interesting mod puts a trackball directly into the case of an Eee 901. More interesting yet: the trackball is from an Apple ‘Mighty Mouse’. It is just me or does that ball look to big to be from one of those mice? Maybe its just meâ€¦ looks to be good for scrolling regardless.
- How-to: Internal 3G to Samsung NC10. The easy way â€“ Jkk helps you understand how to get 3G in your Samsung NC10.