Posted on 13 April 2010
Thanks to GottaBeMobile for spotting this deal over at LogicBuy.
You can use the coupon code on the LogicBuy page to save $200 on the IdeaPad S10-3t multitouch convertible. Check the specs (top end model):
- Intel Atom N450 CPU @ 1.83GHz
- 2GB of DDR2 RAM
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- 250GB HDD
- 4-cell battery
- WiFi G/N
- 10.1” capacitive multitouch screen
If you are interested in this deal, make haste, it’s only good until April 19th, or the first 150 uses!
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t — full specs and details in our product database
Posted on 06 July 2009
Welcome to this week’s netbook roundup. In this space every Monday I’ll highlight netbook new items from around the web.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 reviewed, deemed a mixed bag – Looks like the second version of the Lenovo netbook, the S10-2 [Portal page], has been reviewed by Laptop Magazine, and while Brad of Liliputing thinks that is scores pretty well in Laptop’s tests, it seems that the reviewers didn’t like the aesthetic appearance of the unit.
- BenQ Lanuches Joybook Lite U102, Rights Wrongs – From netbooknews.com, we see that BenQ releases the Joybook Lite U102, which brings some evolutionary upgrades to the table over the previous U101 model.
- NEC’s latest netbook boasts an 8.5 hour battery – NEC’s LaVie Light Lui netbook runs for nearly 8.5 hours on a single charge. Pretty good, specs are predictable netbook specs (Atom, 1GB of RAM, 1024×600, yadda yadda…)
- NVIDIA ION Netbooks from Computex – A video from netbooknews.com that shows three NVIDIA ION based netbooks.
- Asus Seashell Eee PCs to Come in Four New Colors – Looks like the Asus Eee 1005HA [Portal page] and 1008HA [Portal page] will be released in a total of 6 colors, 4 brand new ones including pink, blue, ruby red, and sapphire blue. Swing through the link to see images of the netbooks with their new colors on. I like the sapphire the best!
- Shadowy modder gives Eee PC a risky back alley trackball implant – Pretty interesting mod puts a trackball directly into the case of an Eee 901. More interesting yet: the trackball is from an Apple ‘Mighty Mouse’. It is just me or does that ball look to big to be from one of those mice? Maybe its just me… looks to be good for scrolling regardless.
- How-to: Internal 3G to Samsung NC10. The easy way – Jkk helps you understand how to get 3G in your Samsung NC10.
Posted on 18 May 2009
We had a brief lapse in WNRs over the last few weeks but hopefully everything will get back on track. Let’s see what’s been going on in the netbook space.
- How To Install Windows 7 On Almost Any Netbook — Gizmodo’s John Herman has put together a nice guide for squeezing Windows 7 onto a netbook. As the article mentions, XP is rather old and Windows 7 will get you a nice jump in the user experience area. Because it is still in the RC phase, it is free to download and use for a while.
- More convertible touchscreen netbooks coming — Jkk has found another upcoming tablet netbook, the Fujiyama E-PC E-1001. Kind of sounds like a knock off of Fujitsu and Eee PC, but competition in the tablet netbook space is definitely a good thing for consumers.
- ASUS 1005HA Netbook Is a 1008HA With Removable Battery — Kevin C. Tofel points out that Asus’ soon to be released Eee PC 1005HA is essentially the 1008HA [Portal page] but with a removable battery. There are a few other differences as well; non-glossy screen, slightly slower CPU, no BT, but it uses a nearly identical looking chassis (albeit a bit thicker) and picks up an additional USB port for a total of three.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2: Hands On Video — Xavier from GottaBeMobile has a nice hands-on video of the new Lenovo S10-2 [Portal page] netbook. The new netbook isn’t too much different from the previous S10, but it is a bit thinner and can be equipped with a 3G module for $50. Xavier mentions that he wished that the S10-2 had a matte screen like the first version of the netbook.