Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Hands-On

Updated on 05 September 2013 by

P1150299

The Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro has launched. It’s lighter, it runs Haswell and it’s still got a nice big battery inside. Weight is down to 1.39 Kg which isn’t incredibly light but seeing as the Yoga 13 was heavier, the Yoga 2 Pro could improve on its popularity. A very high resolution screen (3200×1800) tops the specifications. We’ve had some hands-on time. Check the video out below.

1. Luke says:

HD5000?

I believe they say battery officially up to 9 hours (from 8 hours). Not huge difference perhaps but maybe some power goes into that super high res screen.

I think 1600×900 was good enough but certainly this is the resolution you asked for in next gen ultrabook :-). Wish it had digitizer to take advantage of that in desktop mode, I don’t assume it has that option?

2. Luke says:

How does this compare to the Sony Flip PC? Looks like that will be main competitor. Screen resolution is ‘only’ 1080p but probably better for desktop mode and it’s lighter at 1179 grams.

Also the flip mode might be decent if you have issues with keyboard being exposed. But it makes it uneven in height (14-18mm).

3. wonky73 says:

I really like the yoga as a general concept. If I was in the market for some sort of convertible it would probably be near the top of the list. I do wonder about the durability of the hinge long term. But I haven’t seen any reviews or comments by people who have had the first one since launch.

4. Claudio says:

Now we talking! :)

Just hopeing that the keyboard is alright on this one.

5. Mickael says:

Hi,

There is the first version on the market : 3200 x 1800 px, Core i7-4500U, HD4400, 512 Go + 8 Go RAM at 1699€ (Europe) : http://www.comparatif-ultrabook.fr/lenovo/ideapad-yoga-2-pro-59386574-438.html

6. Narada says:

Hi Steve,

I would really love your opinion on one thing. I can’t decide between the following:

Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus vs Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

They both seem really awesome.

Would really love your feedback on what you think is between these two and how I should decide.

Many thanks!

7. Steve Chippy Paine says:

With the Yoga youre getting the easel mode which can be nice at the breakfast table. Given the same processor, there isnt much significant difference. I am personally a little off-put by 3200×1800 as non-scaling desktop apps are hard to use with finger.

3 Trackbacks For This Post

1. Report: Mobile Reporting Kit #12 | UMPCPortal – Ultra Mobile PCs says:

[…] during that period. The challenge now would be to get the weight down. Hello Sony Vaio Pro 13 or Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro or even, and I’m very tempted, the amazing Sony Vaio Tap 11 with Y-Series Haswell at about 1KG […]

2. SONY T13 ULTRABOOK 2014 says: