It’s a brave reseller that breaks what we assume would be an NDA in order to gain the SEO advantage so hats-off to Brack in Switzerland who give us the first real detail about the Acer Aspire Switch SW5. This Baytrail-T based 2-in-1 is clearly on the production line and looks to be the upgrade to the W510 that we had running on Clovertrail last year.
First the bad news. 1366×768 is the given display resolution. It’s probably right too as the price is, for 64GB storage, a very very cheap 370 Euros; 50 euros cheaper than the ASUS Transformer book T100. Acer may have taken a look at the T100 popularity and gone for the kill.
At this price you can’t expect a battery in the keyboard dock and the CPU is the Z3745 which is the 64-bit upgrade to the Z3740 found in the current ‘mainstream’ tablets.
Clearly these aren’t final press images that the site is displaying.
Acer Aspire Switch SW5 specifications:
- CPU: Intel Atom Z3745
- Screen: 10.1-inch 1366×768
- OS:Windows 8.1
- Storage: 64GB (expect 32GB too)
- Connetivity: Micro-HDMI, Micro-USB2.0, headphone port, MicroSD card reader
- Wireless: 802.11n (expect a and g too), Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery life: 8hrs video playback.
- Other: Mic, Stereo speakers, compass, acceleromter, ambient light sensor.
- Weight: 585 gram (We assume that’s for the tablet as it’s about the same as the current W510 tablet)
- Size: 162,6 x 177,1 x 8,9 mm
- Keyboard dock included.
Acer have an event in New York on April 29th where we’re likely to see the launch of the Acer Aspire Switch SW5 and, possibly, an updated Acer W7 running a Core CPU or high-end Baytrail-T. Acer Switch SW7?