$399 buys you 1.7KG of 14-inch Android smartbook. Maybe this isn’t something for ultra-mobile computing fans but it will be worth tracking the HP Slatebook 14 to see how it’s received in the market. The unique specifications and a ton of local apps (and a ton of great games) will differentiate it from Chromebooks and cheap Windows laptops.
Video and gallery below.
64GB of storage is good (16 and 32GB also listed in the specifications) and when you pair that with 9 hours battery life, the dynamic OS that many many people know and love from their smartphones, a fullHD touchscreen, three USB ports, a MicroSD slot and HDMI you have indeed got something unique. We assume the Nvidia Tegra 4 processor is fanless too. Try getting FullHD on 14-inches with an SSD in the Windows PC world for $400!
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Display: 14.0-inch diagonal FHD BrightView WLED-backlit Display (1920×1080) Touchscreen Brightness: 270 nits
- Nvidia Tegra 4 mobile processor with quad-core CPU (1.8 Ghz) GPU (Fanless)
- 2GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
- Storage: 16GB, 32GB or 64GB
- Size: 0.63 in (H) x 13.54 in (W) x 9.45 in (D)
- Front-facing HD Webcam
- WiFi: 1×1 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth
- 1 x USB3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, MicroSD slot, HDMI 1.4b, headset port.
- Beats Audio
- 32Wh battery
We note that there’s no 3G/4G so getting those SMS’ back for Whatsapp could be a problem!
Update: It’s clear to see space for a module and SIM card slot in an internal image we found.