The design is very unique with its see-through top panel and the port selection good too although I don’t see any consumer IR support. The front-mounted ports seem a little over the top too. Surely a single USB and audio ports would be better? At the rear you’ll find another USB 3.0 port, Gigabit Ethernet, 2 HDMI ports and a headset port. There’s no dedicated digital audio port.
Here’s the promotional video with Windows 10 Cortana demo. We’re assuming now that the Liva Core has an embedded mic.
Update: The ECS web page shows “2 x D-MIC (internal)” in the specification list. We’ve updated the specs below.
Rather than being a bare-bones unit the ECS Liva Core comes with an 80GB or 120 GB M.2 SSD and 4GB of RAM. There’s an AC WiFi / Bluetooth 4.0 card too.
ECS Viva Core Mini PC specifications
- Processor: Intel Core M-5Y10C
- Memory: 4GB (DDR3L)
- Storage: 1x 80 GB or 120 GB M.2 SSD
- Ports front: 3 x USB 3.0, MicroSD
- Ports Rear: 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x HDMI, 1 x headset port, DC-in (19V)
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11ac & Bluetooth 4.0 (WiDi support indicates an Intel module.)
- 2 x D-MIC (internal)
- Dimensions: 136 x 84 x 38 mm
- Vesa mount, fanless design,
ECS Liva Core website is here.
Availability and pricing is unknown at this stage.
Note: We’re testing the waters with Mini PC coverage. The database is not fully comprehensive [Mini PC list here] but we’re looking to get a project together that will put all the mini PC options into the database. Let us know if this is something that interests you.