For the last two years I’ve been trying to find a way to get UMPCPortal to Intel’s Developer Forum. It’s Intel’s premier event and comprises conferences, speeches and training sessions. It also includes product demonstrations and a chance to ask questions and get hands on. For our beloved UMPC’s and MIDs its a hotbed of activity with a lot of focus recently on Menlow and Moorestown. The next one is in about 4 weeks and I am desperately trying to get UMPCPortal over there to cover it and bring you all the new and detailed info right from the horses mouth. Unfortunately, its not a free event and for a small Euro-concern like UMPCPortal, its just not achievable without sponsorship.
Intel have been very responsive to my pleas though and last week they offered us a full press pass and free entry for the event. I’m honoured and now doing everything I can to raise the money to get over there. I’ve secured free accommodation with a friend who lives in San Francisco but now I need to raise the money for the flight and other expenses. For the first time ever I’m laying a cap down in front of UMPCPortal. Can you help with a donation?
What you get
I’ll personally attend as much of the conference as possible to bring you 100% high quality ultra mobile PC and MID focused news, analysis, hands-on reports, photos and, I’m sure, a few bits of insider info. I’ll attend the mobile-focused keynotes and as many of the sessions and give you the latest on subjects like “Extending Battery Life of Mobile PCs Using Intel’s Solid State Drive Solutions”, “User Perception of Mobile PC Battery Life”, “The Real Story About NAND Flash and Solid-State Drive Reliability” and a large number of MID and Moblin sessions. also attend the open ‘Chalk Talk’ session on Mobile Internet devices to give feedback and I might even have something to say in the Open Mike session. At the end of the day, your donation will help to improve the quality of UMPCPortal both now and in the future.
All donators will get a linked thank-you on a front-page article. It’s Page Rank 6 for anyone that needs a bit of link love ;-)
If you donate, $5 or more you’ll also get:
- Special, unpublished IDF overview Report and photo pack by email after the event.
- Email alerts about important news as they are published on the portal.
- Have your say. Send me an email on your thoughts about the ultra mobile PC and MID sector and i’ll personally hand them over to one of the senior members of the Ultra Mobile Group. I’ll try and pick out a few important ones to present in the open sessions.
- 2007-2008 report pack. I’ll send you PDF copies of the reports from 2007 and 2008. This includes articles on battery, technology, CPU reports and the 2007 buyers guide.
Anyone that donates $50 or more gets all the above plus the next 12 months reports emailed as PDF, 1-week before general availability. (estimated 5-10 reports including the 3rd edition of the ultra mobile PC Buyers Guide which is due to be published in September.)
Donations of $150 or more get all the above plus a 120×120 ad button on the news section for August and September. Expect 250,000 people’s eyes over this period!
If you want to sponsor the whole event, I’ll be happy to work out an advertising package. Contact me for details as soon as possible.
If we don’t raise enough money to get to the IDF, i’ll put what we raised it in a holding area to support a project to attend the next event. If we raise more than needed, I’ll also put the extra in a holding area to support the next event.
Thanks in advance for your support.
- As a guest of Intel, I may be shown or told things under a non-disclosure agreement.
- The conference is three days long and runs in many ‘tracks.’ It will be impossible to bring you news from all sessions.
- Donators details will be kept private by default. If you wish to have a ‘thank you’ link or button, please say so in your donation comments.
- Your email address will only be used to send IDF-related information in 2008 and 2009 and will not be passed on to third parties.