In the open mic session, companies presented software solutions that are being developed for MIDs. Nice to see that the high-layers are being worked on. Its important!!
- One Voice technologies – Adam Finch. Voice recognition software. They want to enable a voice activated MID. IM, Media etc.
- Gypsii – Jeff Lyn. Mobile, GPS-enabled social networking. Share user-created POI’s. MID-optimised UI.
- ThunderSoft – ‘One stop software solution in MIDs.’ OS customisation, localisation etc. A software development company.
- Fring. Mobile Instant messaging. Multi-protocol. Includes SIP support. Connectivity to common IM networks. Integration into Web2.0 networks e.g. twitter. Open API.
- Move networks. Player for mobile devices. Apparently will be shown in keynotes tomorrow.
- Mediacast. Delivery of non real-time media and software
- Livecast,. Simple real-time broadcast from mobile devices.
- Movial – Software service provider. White-label applications for re-branding. Internet browsers, media players.
- Comverse - Billing, messaging and voip. White label service for service providers.
- Wind River – Operating System vendor. Creating a commercial grade Moblin/Linux OS for MIDs. Includes applications.
This is just a selection of the presentation given. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to catch the whole session due to an important showcase session that I’ll report on later.