Update: All information now being added to a new N97 reference page.
Details also coming through at Atmasphere.net. Many others now posting, obviously pre-prepared, posts. All About Symbian have published hands-on: "Subjectively, the ‘feel’ and the design of the handset screams high end with materials that can not be fully appreciated in pictures (it has that caress-ability x-factor)"
The N97 has a 640-wide screen will cost 550 Euro (confirmed, unsubsidised) and will be available in Q2 2009.
More details will be updated below.
- 640×360 resolution (announced by Nokia on-stage)
- 5-megapixel-camera with Carl Zeiss-lens, dual-LED flash., video light
- 16:9 video in DVD-quality.
- 3.5" screen
- 3G wireless radio
- 802.11 b/g WiFi
- Bluetooth 2.0
- GPS receiver with A-GPS support
- Accelerometer. Digital compass.
- 32GB onboard flash memory with microSD for adding 16GB more (Nokia are talking about 64GB of storage on-stage)
- 3.5mm headset jack
- microUSB port used for both syncing and charging
- Haptic feedback
- 1500 mAh battery
- S60 5th edition software
Unknown/To be confirmed.
- CPU / Processing platform. Apparently Nokia aren’t saying at the moment.
- Where does this leave the Nokia Tablets? I suspect that the tablet will remain, will move forward with a bigger screen and faster processor, will get cheaper.
- How much space is left for a web-focused device?
Favourite quotes from keynote:
- "Nothing replaces the feel of a real key on a QWERTY keyboard"
- "That’s how a mobile computer should look"
- "We believe the Internet is as it is, and we need to support it" (in reference to 640 screen size)
- Nokia announcement.
- Wall Street Journal
- PhoneScoop hands-on
- Gallery (will be updated as images come in)