Mapfactor’s Navigator is a well-priced, touchscreen friendly EU and U.S. PC-based turn-by-turn navigation system that I tested last year and gave the thumbs up. At 120 Euros its very well priced and it works very well on UMPCs.
Version 8.1 is now out and has these new features over the V7 that I tested.
- Maps from July 2008 – Including map of Bulgaria and Malta. 100% coverage for Hungary,
Poland and Slovakia. Very good improvement of maps of Turkey, Latvia and Russia.
- New remote (TCP/IP) commands for communication between driver and dispatcher.
- You can send text messages, new routing points, receive the actual position of the car, track
a car and many others.
- Improved searching dialogue
- Change the color of the map and application
- Traffic lane assistant.
- Motorway signs – clear signs which show you the directions of travel
- Real 3D icons of important buildings.
Well worth a closer look if you’re looking for a PC-based solution for your carpc. Details at Mapfactor.