OpenPandora. Latest video shows Angström build, touchscreen operation.

Posted on 16 December 2008, Last updated on 11 November 2019 by

I haven’t go much to add to this video except to say that I can’t wait to see the next one where EvilDragon will demonstrate Firefox. For more info on OpenPandora, the Ti OMAP-based open-source mini PC see our info page or the OpenPandora website.

Source: OpenPandora Blog. Thanks Marc.

1. Marc G says:

Looks great. First batch is now expected late Jan.

I’m really looking forward to it, especially as I paid for mine months ago!

2. JP says:

Same here :-)

3. icura says:

Same here(2). I just got my refund from their creditcard problems. I’m just about to order again.

I must be in the first 10 ordered since I got in to the system and ordered minutes before the online store was announced publicly.

I can’t beleive EvilDragon would only use a class1 SD card. I’m sure he had something else lying around. After spending 100s of 1000s of $s on developing the system, why not spen 10 $s on a fast SD card.

4. maxus says:

Can’t wait for this one too, it still surprises how much stuff can the Pandora do for such a small pocketable device and for that price, that’s the way to go

5. Sam says:

Looks promising!
    What is Angstrom, is that their own Distro?
    I was hoping for Ubuntu / Debian for ease of adding software.
    If early orders are still not filled what chance have the rest of us got of getting one.

6. Marc G says:

Find out about Angstrom here:

There was a bank mess-up that occurred meaning a lot of people had to be refunded to order again. Not everyone is reordering, so they expect to have some free. So if you want one soon(ish) there may be hope.

I’d watch the blog and sign up for the newsletter here:

HP Elitebook 820 G2