This could be a great move for Andriod, TI and Archos as thay are getting together to build what could be a very interesting MID. A true crossover smartphone/web/PMP device. It will combine the Archos’ PMP charachteristics, its powerful OMAP 3 platform, the Android OS and the following features.
- PC-like Internet experience enhanced by a high-resolution 5″ screen and full-width page viewing
- Adobe Flash(TM) and Flash Video(TM) support, full screen
- Access whenever and wherever to TV, movies, photos, music and games
- Uncompromised TV recording and High Definition (HD) playback, all formats
- Hundreds of hours of video storage, up to 500 GB
- Innovative design: compact 10-mm ultra-thin tablet
- Long battery life, 7 hours’ video playback
- 3.5G 7.2 Mb/s HSUPA
- Laptop-like performance from the first implementation of OMAP3440 processor based on the ARM® Cortex(TM) superscalar microprocessor and DSP
With a 10mm depth, we can probably count out any possibility of a keyboard which could be a huge shame as the platform is powerfull enough to drive some nice, rich web apps.
I wonder if they would combine the docking station and some hdmi action to make it desktop–friendly. How about a netbook shaped dock too?
Expect to hear more about this at the Mobile World Congress which kicks off this week.