ASUS T91Go hands-on Video

Updated on 02 March 2009

We hit the ASUS booth today and WOW! About 30% of it was dedicated to the Eee PC brand. From keyboard PCs to Skype phones and every variation of netbook in between. Quite a sight to see.

Here’s a video of the ASUS T91Go the 3G/SSD version of the ASUS T91 [specifications]. The sky-lighting made it impossible to get a good shot of the user interface but you get to see the device from every angle. JKK does a good job of talking through it too.

1. Steve 'Chippy' Paine says:

ASUS T91Go hands-on Video http://tinyurl.com/dl8yym

2. turn.self.off says:

the video seems to not load here.

following the link to youtube works tho…

3. Jonte says:

THE BATTERY IS BAAAD! I WANT 6 CELLS!!!

major downage…

4. dcbCreative says:

Nice… …I’m so excited about this machine.

Just an F.Y.I. had to click through to YouTube though to watch the video.

Well worth it.

5. Mark Baker says:

Can you work with these glossy screen outdoors or does it get washed out with the direct sun light…

Thanks…

6. amoult says:

..And again just 850/1800/1900/2100 wcdma bands on 3G modem, just like in 901go. I really hope that they would include modem with 900umts frequency for the European market.

My feeling on the screen brightness – dissapointing. Looks like the touch layer is 1) reducing brightness 2) Reducing viewing angle

8. anon says:

Video working fine here. Hmm… a greater than expected reduction in screen visibility there, unless the darkness was just a result of the lighting in that hall. I would expect a built-in touch layer to be better than a user-added touch panel, and mine works surprisingly well – I usually have the screen brightness way below the half point indoors, just four steps above minimum on my 901 Go with the touchscreen mod.

Still no UMTS 900? That’s bloody annoying. UMTS 900 is being deployed and is the only way to cover large areas with 3G, so manufacturers need to support it too. The antennas already need to support the frequency for GPRS (and Edge?) anyway, so they’re just skimping on the WWAN modules!

I think the Viliv S7 is the more interesting one so far, and I have bought three Eee PCs… (and I’m quite satisfied with the last one; will be keeping it for the foreseeable future).

9. Jean-Paul says:

Liked “ASUS T91Go hands-on Video http://tinyurl.com/dl8yymhttp://ff.im/1iJk7

10. amoult says:

@Chippy: btw. could it be possible (if known) to list in product database 3G modem model and/or frequency bands and whether HSDPA/HSUPA is supported. At least for me this deciding factor which model should I buy.

thats something ive tried to track but it proved impossible due to different specs in different countries. sorry, ill try to add notes where i can tnough. i know how important it is.

HP Elitebook 820 G2