Moonse E7001 gives us a Taste of Android on a Rockchip

Updated on 10 June 2018 by

moonsee7001 That Rockchip CPU has been turning up in a lot of devices recently. It’s a Chinese manufactured CPU based on the ARM9 design [We’re checking on that due to varying information] and clearly it’s cheap because all the devices I’ve seen with it recently have been around the $200 mark. The Archos 7 Home Tablet is one and we’re expecting to get the first reports of that soon but in the meantime, here’s a look at a device with a familiar industrial design. Its the Moonse E7001 and its running Android 1.5 (on an 800×480 screen?)

Full specs are available here and you might notice that it matches the Archos 7 Home Tablet almost spec for spec. Will there be any need to buy this from China when it can be had locally for much the same price (U.S. and EU markets, post and import taxes included.)

Stay tuned to Shanzai for their reports as they continue their testing.

Aesthetically its OK but there’s a hint that the UI isn’t that smooth in the video. I’m not surprised and I won’t be surprised if the Archos 7 Home Tablet performs in a very similar way.

More info at Shanzai.com

1. PJE says:

I assume that is 800×480 not 800×4800… ;-)

I’m looking forward to a 7+” Android tablet, but will probably hold off for a Cortex-A9 based system.

But $200 would make a nice bedside/coffee table device as long as the OS and Apps were not too laggy.

iPad comparable Android tablets need to get out to the market quickly (with Android 2.2 – given the performance gains), to ensure the iPad does not define the market. I like the iPad, but would hate for it to become the default standard.

2. chippy says:

Thx for the correction PJE. 4800 would be a little difficult to handle!

Chippy.

3. Mike Cane says:

>>>Will there be any need to buy this from China

There was never a need to buy it. You keep forgetting that only *Archos* has the Android software that can do *real video* — not just 3GP/MP4. (And, yes, I know the iPad does only MP4/3GP too … grrrrr. Which is why I still want the A7!)

4. turn.self.off says:

funny enough, media playback may well be the one place where rockchip is good, as iirc it has dedicated hardware for all the major codecs.

Basically, all rockchip based products are PMPs trying to be something more by using android. Or maybe the combo allows them to come to market faster and cheaper.

5. Alslayer says:

I am just waiting for a review to tell me the battery life of the archos 7 so I can preorder.

6. Charbax says:

More than 7 hours for video playback.

7. Tai-Pan says:

We’ve been told that we’ll be receiving an updated version of this product shortly so we’ll be holding off a little longer before we do a more indepth review of it.

Cheers,

Tai-Pan

8. mark says:

THAT would be great … I bought this Ipad last week and it is very good.It has all the features.Worth Buying,just $158 USD from here

9. turbolego says:

I need a replacement touch-panel for my moonse e7001.
    Can anyone help me out?

Mail me if you can: turbolego@gmail.com

4 Trackbacks For This Post

1. Pinguins Móveis » Blog Archive » Pinguins de quarta says:

[…] 2/Shadow com Wifi certificado (ou talvez seja Xtreme?), documentação do Compaq Airlife 100, Moonse E7001 e os chips baratos da Rockchip e carros Android by […]

2. Pinguins Móveis » Blog Archive » Pinguins de quarta says:

3. Moonse E7001 Android Tablet Video – wie Archos 7 | TouchmeMobile says:

[…] Via carrypad […]

4. Dual Core Snapdragons...Oh Yeah! - Android Forums says:

[…] Whoa!! Holy hand bags of doom! This is awesome!!! I have heard of the rockchip 2808 dual core Android Tablet but only at like 600 mhz!! And not at a whoping 1.2ghz! AWESOME! Wow i wanna wanna wanna!!!! Moonse E7001 gives us a Taste of Android on a Rockchip | Carrypad […]

HP Elitebook 820 G2