Archos 43 + Raging Thunder = Fun!

Updated on 10 June 2018 by

I’ve had a lot of hands-on with the Archos 43 [specifications] today and I’m impressed. Somehow that small form factor and low price makes the speed and capability all that more impressive. I’m working on a few other videos but I wanted to show you this one first.

Update: Hands-on thoughts, gallery, videos now available.

IF (and it’s a big IF) you’re able to side-load applications and IF they work on the Archos firmware, you’ve got yourself a great value little entertainment device.

Two more videos coming up soon.

1. Mike Cane says:

I wish you would stop this! The iPod Touch has that A4 CPU and Retina Display … but all I keep wondering about is the camera on the Archos 43 vs the crapcam on the iPod Touch!

2. turn.self.off says:

No flash on the 43, but it can supposedly record hd video. And the specs page over at archos.com claims its 2mpix. Funny really, the only things missing in it is gps and compass to get google to say “ok, its approved”.

3. LL says:

What about cellular data and voice or dedicated Android buttons?

4. Mike Cane says:

Specs are meaningless. I need to see sample photos.

5. Lictator says:

have you played any games on a 7″ or 10″, seems like that would be VERY immersive. i’m wondering if games on a 1024×600 are native or simply scaled up? its hard to tell sometimes because games are like movies in how well they scale.

6. Mike Cane says:

How was the screen? I saw one video that claimed even though it was resistive, it had a very soft touch nearly like capacitive and it wasn’t necessary to press very hard or use a fingernail. Still, no multitouch and no putting ACCESS’s PalmOS Graffiti on it for HWR, dammit.

7. chippy says:

The resistive screen is amazingly good. No multitouch of course.