The Dell 6430U now ready to go, and Dell have just revealed something very interesting and unique. Not only is this a MIL-STD 810G Ultrabook but it’s going to be the first with WiGig – a standard that not only gives you wireless LAN but also transports video and audio to WiGig docking stations. Now that’s what we like to see, and earlier than expected!
We’ve known about the Dell Latitude 6430u for some time now availability in Germany means the full specification set is now revealed.
Specifications: (We’ve updated the product page – here)
- CPU: Vpro enabled 3rd Gen Core. (i5-3427U 1.8Ghz or i7-3667U 2.0Ghz)
- 14” ”reflection reduced” glossy screen in 1366×768 or 1600×900
- HD 4000 graphics
- 36, 4G options. LTE in USA only
- BT 4.0
- 36Wh and 60Wh battery options
- Gig Ethernet, 2x USB3.0, 1xUSB/eSATA connector, VGA, HDMI
- 2 slots for SSD and Cellular card options.
- Array Mic
- HD Webcam
- Optional Smartcard and Fingerprint Reader
- Weight: 1.69Kg /3.7lb with 3-cell/36Wh battery.
- Thickness: 20.9
- Express Charge. 80% charge in one hour
Pricing has not been revealed at this stage but we suspect that this could be a B2B only product for now. We’ve got a query out about WiGig accessories.
It creates a small problem for our database though. Is WiGig a wireless network or a personal area network feature. We’re tempted to say PAN as this is a short-range technology.
Source: Dell email, product page.