Lenovo just launched a Thinkpad 8 Tablet on Baytrail Z3770 (up to 2.4Ghz), a MicroUBS3.0 port and FHD 1920×1200 screen. SSD options go up to 128GB but there’s a max of 2GB RAM and, as far as we can see, no digitizer layer. There’s a 3G/4G/LTE option.
Update: Price starts at $399. Product page is now live with all the information you need.
From the press release:
- Unique Quickshot Cover technology triggers ThinkPad 8’s cameras with a simple flick of the finger ?
- 8.3 inch high-resolution 1920×1200 FHD display with 10-point multi-touch for a 25% larger, more defined viewing area ?
- Intel Bay Trail Quad Core processor delivers graphics four times as fast ?
- An 8 hour battery life supports an entire business days’ worth of video streaming, document sharing and web browsing ?
- Equipped with both Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Office software to keep users connected to work or school on the go ?
- Micro USB3.0 and microHDMI slots allow users to sync the ThinkPad 8 with a desktop or laptop, ensuring seamless transitions from business to personal use ?
- Offers virtually anywhere connectivity and productivity with 3G and 4G wireless modelsNote: specification will vary by region.
- Processor Intel® Z3770 Quad-Core 2.4Ghz (Bay Trail Quad Core)
- Operating System Windows 8.1 (w/ MS Office) Display/Resolution 8.3 inch (1920×1200) FHD with 10 finger multi-touch screen
- Video Graphics Intel HD Graphics (Gen7), DX 11, OCL 1.1 & Open GL 3.2, HDCP 1.4/2.1
- Memory 2GB LPDDR3 1067 (on board)
- Storage Up to 128 GB
- Sound Stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater, Dual Array Digital Mic Integrated
- Comms 1x MicroUSB 3.0; 1x MicroHDMI; MicroSD ; MicroSIM (WWAN only)
- Connectivity Option of 4G LTE/3G or WiFi
- Camera Front: 2 MP (HD1080p); Rear: 8MP (HD1080p) w/ Auto Focus and Flash
- Battery Up to 8 hours (20.5Whr)
- Weight 430g WiFi, 439g WWAN
- Dimensions 132 mm x 224.3mm x 8.8mm 5.19 x 8.87 x 0.34 inches