Lenovo’s first 11-inch Yoga device ran RT on an ARM-architecture. We ignored it. The second 11-incher was the 11S with Core CPU options. It’s still available with Haswell and a rather impressive power/battery life ratio. The latest Yoga 2 11 is more consumer focused and used the Baytrail-M platform. It’s a difficult one to position between an UltraMobile and an Ultrabook because on one hand it’s Baytrail (Pentium branded) and on the other it weights 2.9 pounds.
From the Press Release:
Lenovo continues to refine the consumer-friendly features of the Yoga line with YOGA 2, a thinner and lighter model at an affordable price point. It folds back 360o, providing four devices for the price of one. Plus, it features unique app recommendations for each of the four usage modes – Laptop, Stand, Tent and Tablet. YOGA 2 provides the ultimate flexibility between work and play for up to 6 hours of battery life on a single charge.
– Crystal clear HD Display with IPS technology which support 178° wide view angle ?
– Dual-hinge design allows for 360o rotation with four unique modes: Laptop, Stand, Tent and Tablet
– Lenovo Picks: a concierge-like service that dynamically recommends apps for the mode you are currently using ?
– Lenovo Transition automatically switches open applications like PowerPoint to full-screen mode when the PC converts from normal notebook to tent, stand or tablet modes ?
– Lenovo Voice Control enables users to execute simple commands by speaking to the YOGA 2 ?
– Lenovo Motion Control allows users to quickly flip through photos, presentation slides, e-books and more with simple gestures
– Integrated stereo speakers supporting Dolby® Home Theater v4™ certification for immersive surround sound when watching movies and listening to music
Specifications: (will vary by region.)
- Processor Up to Quad Core Intel® Pentium® processor
- Operating System Up to genuine Windows 8.1
- Display/Resolution 11.6” HD (1366×768) , 178o wide-view display with 10-point touch
- Video Graphics Integrated Intel HD Graphics
- Memory and Storage Up to 4GB RAM (2GB configuration also available); up to 500GB HDD storage
- Sound Integrated stereo speakers supporting Dolby Home Theater v4 for immersive surround sound Integrated
- Comms 1 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, Micro HDMI-out, 3-in-1 card reader
- Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity
- Camera 1.0 Megapixel 720p Camera Battery Up to 6 hours
- Weight 2.9 pounds Dimensions 298x 206.5x 17.2 mm 11.7 x 8.1 x 0.67 in
After writing down those specs it almost feels like it doesn’t fit in either the ultra-mobile or the Ultrabook category. Yoga Netbook perhaps? Let’s wait for pricing.