Fujitsu’s 1.6Ghz U820 available in the U.S.

Updated on 04 November 2008 by

The Fujitsu U820 is coming to the U.S. according to both JKKMobile and Pocketables. Don’t expect bargain-basement pricing though as these are firmly aimed at the pro-mobile market with their advanced design and high-end features. (See the reports on the Asia, U2010 version) $999 (introductory offer) buys you the entry-level model with Vista Home Premium and a 60GB drive but if you want the extra features of Vista Business and a 120GB drive, you’re looking at $1299. Both come with GPS and Garmin Mobile navigation software. Leading edge quality still costs a lot of money!

1. Danila Benhur says:

Hi,

Good news! Could you assess U820 noise level?

Thanks!

2. JP says:

Chippy, could you confirm that these prices are WITHOUT VAT?

Because at 999$ it’s still a bargain compared to the prices of other stores like Conics.net or Direct from Japan (who advertises on this website). But if you add a 20% VAT (for instance) then the price is not much better.

Also, in the US prices are always without VAT so I guess it would make sense.

These are US tax-free prices and as the exchange rate has flipped (against the Euro) in the last 5 months, the $ prices arent as attractive as they were in Europe

4. Erwos says:

There’s no VAT in the US. Sales tax is generally only 5%-7% or so, depending on locality – you don’t need to pay it if you buy online.

5. gadjitfreek says:

Actually, it’s 8.5% where I live, and I was charged tax. I expect to take delivery next week.

6. AL says:

that’s 10% in Montgomery, AL.

7. bhtooefr says:

I’ll note that if you order from the Fujitsu site, you can customize the order… so if you want the 60GB drive with Vista Business (to get XP,) you can get that.

Of course, the P1630 is on there as well… and holy crap at the pricing on that thing.

8. Toby says:

Do we have any idea of these in Europe? (I’m in the UK, but don’t really mind as long as I order from a EU supplier)
    Cheers.

9. Timmy says:

I have a U820 60Gb with Vista Business reserved from LaptopAuthority.com They have little bit better price than direct from Fujitsu. I should have it by end of next week. As soon as I get it I will have pics and reviews to post. Also no VAT in the US. FL tax where I am is 7% but not if you order it online like I did. Only local in FL is taxed. There are several sites online you can find the U2010 in the UK and Asia.

10. Timmy says:

Does anyone know if the U820 is shipping with FM transmitter? The one submitted to the FCC had it but I think they might have replaced it with GPS which is fine with me but was just wondering.

11. Tim Gardner says:

I have some pics and a little review posted on a blog here: http://guru-tim.blogspot.com/