Tablet, Laptop , Easel. The Lenovo Miix 2 10 is based on Baytrail, weighs 1.3 pounds (tablet-only) and looks like it will kill the market for the Acer W510 stone dead. Let’s hope the keyboard is better than the one on the Lenovo Lynx! The 10-inch MIIX 2 starts at $499 and will be available in March.
From the press release:
The Lenovo MIIX 2 is ideal for those who frequently use both a tablet and a laptop. The Windows 8.1 tablet can be attached to a keyboard dock, instantly turning into a full-performing laptop perfect for entertainment and productivity while on the go. Available in ultra-portable 10.1-in and performance-focused 11.6-in models, MIIX 2 gives users the ability to easily switch between three modes – Tablet, Laptop, Stand – for specific computing needs.
Obviously the 11-inch model is more Ultrabook-focused so we’ll be covering that over at our sister site. Fingers crossed that it has the Z3770 with max 2.4Ghz clock.
- Processor: Quad Core Intel® Atom® processor
- Operating System Genuine Windows 8.1
- Display/Resolution 10.1” full HD display (1920×1200) with 10-point touch and 178o wide viewing angle
- Video Graphics Integrated Intel HD graphics
- Memory 2GB LP-DDR3 memory
- Storage Up to 128GB integrated eMMC storage, up to 32GB add-on micro SD card support
- Sound Integrated JBL® designed stereo speakers (on tablet) and subwoofer (on keyboard-dock)
- Integrated Comms 1 mini HDMI port, 1 micro USB port, 1 integrated USB 2.0 connector (on keyboard-dock)
- Keyboard Detachable AccuType keyboard
- Connectivity Integrated Bluetooth 4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and optional 3G-GPS connectivity
- Camera 720p high resolution 2MP front and 5MP rear cameras
- Battery Up to 8 hours of battery life
- Weight: Tablet: 1.3 pounds, Keyboard Dock: 0.97 pounds
- Dimensions 10-in: Pad: 260.9 x 173.2 x 9.2mm, Dock: 260.9 x 183.4 x 7.0mm