Archos 9 and UMID M2 picture sets

Updated on 10 June 2018 by

Chippy’s spent a lot of time bringing us some quality IDF 2009 coverage. In addition to a video-overview of each of these devices, he’s been able to sneak away and snap some nice pictures of each.archos 9 flat on table Full Archos 9 set on MIDMoves

umid m2 picture set Full UMID M2 set on MIDMoves

1. Ben Lang says:

New article: Archos 9 and UMID M2 picture sets http://cli.gs/4Bnb8

2. Robert says:

Hello Steve:

This is Robert from Montreal Canada.

Thanks for showing us the new Umid M2.

I’m very impressed with the price at $499.00
    I hope that is in US dollars not in Euros.

Looks like the Mid Manufactures are beginning to understand that
    Mids can’t sell at high prices like $799.

This new price for the M2 should make other Mid manufactures lower
    their prices too.

Great coverage from IDF Steve.

Robert

3. drebin says:

i wouldnt expect that price to hold, even for the base model.

4. Kam says:

I like this. 1gb ram, optical mouse, proper ports, Win 7, a compromised but still very usable keyboard, 3g all in a pocketable form factor. Only reservation I have is the mouse & click buttons on the either side of the screen might need to get use to that.

I read some complaints about the device being thicker than before but it’s likely thicker due to necessity for the proper sized usb port & headphone input. I know which I’d prefer.

$499 if true is an excellent price. Only trouble is I won’t be able to get it for that price here in UK if at all.

5. anon says:

The mouse and the position of its buttons is great, exactly like they should be. There is no alternative. One thumb can only accomplish so much!

I’m prepared to get a nasty surprise with the actual retail price though (due to taxes, shipping and currency “conversion”) but I’m also prepared to wait some more. :P

6. Velik says:

1.6ghz is a major plus. I like the keyboard, but where is right shift…

7. teh.sean says:

Use a keytweak program. It’s there, you just gotta make it there. : )

8. Vakeros says:

Dynamism UK should be selling it when launched.

9. oh gadget says:

The m2 is a better piece of kit but it has lost it’s sexy form and now looks boring. Where are the cleaver silver details.

10. anon says:

If that demo device was a prototype, the final product will look quite different. The release is supposedly near (Q4), but I suppose it’s entirely possible they didn’t have “final” hardware to show off yet. As far as I understood, that proto didn’t even have its optical mouse yet.

I’m confident it’ll look good when it’s ready. Also, I wouldn’t be one to complain even if did look like that, as long as the hardware was solid and functional!

11. Orlando says:

For the final product for m2…
    -I wish the mouse is like the Blackberry trackball mouse(the positions are interesting)
    -m2 should have stereo speakers(will it have?)
    -hopefully the thickness is not like the thickness of the original Nintendo DS. I want it thinner…

The design to me looks like a miniturized ASUS Eee 700x/1000x series(look-alike) but I really like it. In the future, this would may be my new cell phone. I can’t wait since it would have the option of Atom N270(1.6GHz).

12. hyd says:

Not N270 but a Z530 cpu.

Samsung NC10
10.2" Intel Atom
Medion Akoya Mini
10.2" Intel Atom (Diamondville)
Acer Chromebook 15