Chippy goes hands-on with a video overview of the sleek Archos 9!

Updated on 10 June 2018

archos 9 One of the more intriguing devices that we’ve been waiting to find out more about is the Archos 9 slate ultra mobile PC [Portal page]. Have a look at Chippy’s hands on, straight from IDF 2009:

Looks pretty darn slick if you ask me. I’m really happy to see the optical mouse; it will definitely improve usability over having just the touchscreen for input. Don’t forget – this thing is running Windows 7. I’m pretty disappointed to see a lack of physical keyboard on the Archos 9. No keyboard physical means some seriously reduced usability for normal computing applications, but the nice inline stand could make this a nice table-top media device. If you carried this puppy around with a foldable BT keyboard, you’d have a very slick piece of kit for mobile computing.

I think I’d personally rather see this device running a custom OS with polished touch based software and a reasonable price. The price hasn’t been announced yet, but Chippy puts the unit around 600 Euros, available pretty soon. More info as we get it.

1. Ben Lang says:

New article: Chippy goes hands-on with a video overview of the sleek Archos 9! http://cli.gs/4R6sp

2. Britman says:

That is looking sweet. The price might be an issue, €600 for a 32GB SSD isn’t too bad I guess but if its that price for a crappy HDD version the no thanks I’ll buy a viliv.

3. alese says:

As far as I remember, Archos was saying that the price should be in Netbook range – around 450 EUR – probably for the entry level device.

4. Mark Hirsch says:

Chippy goes hands-on with a video overview of the sleek Archos 9! http://bit.ly/1725gY

5. DavidC1 says:

The device looks beautiful. And I also like the on-screen keyboard. If not for functionality, for design(yea I know how weird that sounds).

6. josh says:

7. Gavi Muñoz says:

RT @ACNNA: De acuerdo al modelo de estándares de la calidad educativa, en el aula se trabajará con sistema de metas: http://bit.ly/eKE9Y

HP Elitebook 820 G2