I’ve written lot of reports about ultra mobile computing, netbooks, segmentation, X86 vs ARM and other mobile computing topics over the 4 -year life of Carrypad/UMPCPortal and after doing some categorization and tagging today I thought I’d take the chance to highlight 10 reports that I recommend reading and, even better, commenting on.
First there’s the buyers guide. The most recent full buyers guide is from late 2008 (I’m working on a big 2010 update) and it’s the biggest report I’ve published. 28 pages of mobile computing information and tips.
After you’ve digested that, here are a bunch of other interesting reports. All free and open for comments. All produced in the last 12 months.
- Social Netbooks and ARM’s Lock-In Netbook Opportunity.
- The ‘Full Internet Experience’ of 2010
- Ultra-Mobile Computing Predictions for 2010.
- Mobile Computing Segmentation and Capabilities.
- ARM Products and Platforms Primer and Resource List for Mobile Internet Devices in 2010.
- What would you want in a Microblogging-Pad?
- Analysis: The Smartbook Challenges.
- Screen Size Analysis. September 2009.
And finally, one that I published over at Carrypad which is relevant if you’re thinking about ordering the iPad this week.
All the UMPCPortal reports are here (and you can track future reports via RSS) If you have any suggestions for future reports, please let me know and I’ll consider your requests. Bear in mind that I’m still working on the 2010 Mobile Computing Guide and I want to get that finished before I take on any more projects.